Get 5% Off Your Order Today, Use Coupon Code "WELCOME" At The Checkout

The Same As Food

Anyone in food production will be familiar with the ingredients used to make most e-liquids. Most of them have a base of Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerin. These are added to other ingredients or flavours which sometimes includes nicotine. It’s more interesting and important how these ingredients are blended together to achieve such great and often unusual flavours in my opinion.
The popular misconceptions claim we don’t know what goes into each e-liquid or how they are manufactured. This is quite simply untrue and in reality there is no mystery to where e-liquid comes from. In the United Kingdom, every e-liquid available for sale needs to be approved and regulated by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency. In America, it’s the Food and Drug Administration. All countries have their own regulatory company.
Therefore we know exactly what goes into every e-liquid and how they are made. This information is public and in fact, the ingredients are listed on every bottle for the consumer to read at their leisure.
Actually, the process of manufacturing itself isn’t too complicated and is similar in many ways to how ingredients are combined while manufacturing food or drink. The base of Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerin is mixed together with the various flavourings and sometimes nicotine, until they form the final, stable e-liquid.
Manufacture and sale of e-liquids is closely regulated in the United Kingdom. As a result of this, the manufacturing process is carried out in high quality facilities that must meet the required standards. Which are quite high so really there is very little chance of problems with the juices.
The law requires a full list of all ingredients used in the e-liquids be printed on the packaging of any juice you buy here in the United Kingdom. So, you can easily see what goes into your e-liquid just like with any food or drink.
A better understanding of how e-liquids are manufactured is only a matter of knowing what these ingredients are and the regulations controlling them. Which actually sounds worse than it is. Trust me, you can be in the know without a Masters degree!

Ingredients

Propylene glycol

Propylene Glycol or PG is the most common base used to make e-liquids. Most e-juice is typically 95% base made from a combination of PG and VG with the remaining 5% made of flavouring and often nicotine, but not always.
PG is colourless, nearly odourless and has a low viscosity. Which makes it unlike the thicker Vegetable Glycerin. As well as being one of the main ingredients in e-liquids, PG is also used in medications and foods..

E-liquids with higher levels of PG generally have greater flavour intensity and throat hit. High PG juices are also thinner than ones with heavier VG and produce less dense clouds.
While PG is commonly used in foods, medicines and is generally safe, there are rare cases of people developing mild allergic reactions. If you’re vaping with a PG based e-liquid and experience rashes, itchiness or slight swelling of the throat then it is recommended that you stop and use VG based e-liquids instead.

Vegetable glycerin

Vegetable Glycerin or VG is the second most common base used in producing e-liquids. Each juice typically contains 95% base made from a combination of PG and VG with the remaining 5% made of flavouring and often nicotine.
VG is naturally occurring and often extracted from vegetable oils. Like PG, it is almost odourless and colourless but has a sweet taste and is thicker, with a higher viscosity than PG. Being thicker means that e-liquids with a high VG base are more prone to buildup of gunk when vaping.
E-liquids with higher levels of Vegetable Glycerin also produce thicker clouds and are usually associated with a sweet flavour. Which makes them perfect for candy and dessert flavoured e-liquids. VG is used in the food industry as a sweetener and has never been linked with any health problems.

Additional Flavour

The list of additional flavourings is vast. There are countless other flavours used to create e-liquids. Take a look at the selection of juices available from the Medusa Juice Vape Store and you’ll see just how many varieties there are to choose from. Every one of these flavours is created by blending together different flavouring ingredients.
These flavourings come in the form of additives that have been safely used in food production for years. While not every food flavouring is safe to inhale, the vaping industry in the United Kingdom is regulated to ensure that only acceptable flavourings are used in any e-liquid sold in this country.

Nicotine

Quite often, the final ingredient is nicotine, the addictive chemical found in tobacco that makes smoking so difficult to quit.
Not every e-liquid contains nicotine and there are a variety of popular non-nicotine juices to choose from. But nicotine is a common ingredient in many e-liquids and can be used to help people quit smoking like other nicotine replacement systems. Nicotine also adds to the throat hit that makes vaping an effective substitute for smoking.
Usage of Nicotine itself is arguably not as harmful as many of the other chemicals associated with smoking. These other ingredients, most often, toxins, can cause cancer, heart disease and lung disease. Nicotine is an addictive stimulant and while it is toxic in very high quantities, the levels found in e-liquids are nowhere near that high and are lower than in cigarettes.

Manufacturing

What most people would find surprising, is that the manufacturing process by which e-liquids are made in the United Kingdom is similar to how many popular drinks are created in factories. It’s just that simple, these juices are basically little flavoured liquids which are perfectly safe to ingest. Each juice is developed in a laboratory with a final recipe that must be approved by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.
This recipe is then manufactured by taking a base of Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin which is mixed with the appropriate flavourings and sometimes nicotine. After they’ve been blended together, these ingredients form a stable liquid which is then sealed in tamper-proof and child-proof bottles for sale.

Regulations

As you know, England is considered a ‘Nanny State’ and as such, the manufacture and sale of e-liquids is closely regulated in the United Kingdom and follows the Tobacco Products Directive, a set of rules for vaping products in Europe.
In the United Kingdom every juice and vaping product has to be approved by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency before sale. As a result of this regulation, the manufacturing process is required to take place in high quality facilities. And all e-liquids must meet the requirements of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency before they are allowed on sale in the United Kingdom.

Ice Berry Bomb + 19 Items
Bought by a Customer from Rochdale
about 6 hours ago
 
strawberry kiwi e liquid
Aurae Strawberry & Kiwi + 19 Items
Bought by a Customer from Billericay
about 6 hours ago
 
Melaina Black Ice + 11 Items
Bought by a Customer from Edenbridge
about 7 hours ago
 
battenberg e liquid
Battenberg + 17 Items
Bought by a Customer from Malvern
about 12 hours ago
 
Nic Shot + 8 Items
Bought by a Customer from Stockton on tees
about 17 hours ago